viernes, 18 de febrero de 2022

DREAMER by SUPERTRAMP

DREAMER

 https://www.songfacts.com/facts/supertramp/dreamer

This song is about a guy with big dreams who is incapable (incompetente, incapaz) of acting on them, so they never come true. As was custom with Supertramp, it was credited to their founding members Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson, who wrote separately but shared composer credits. "Dreamer" was written by Hodgson, who also sang lead. When Songfacts asked Roger in 2012 if he was a dreamer, he replied: "I am, and I definitely was even more back then. I was a teenager, I had many dreams. And I feel very blessed (afortunado, dichoso) that a lot of them came true. But that song flew out of me one day. We had just bought our first Wurlitzer piano, and it was the first time I'd been alone with a Wurlitzer piano back down in my mother's house. I set it up and I was so excited that that song just flew out of me." (set up = instalar, montar)




DREAMER            https://youtu.be/7fdAFmtq-o8        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fdAFmtq-o8

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer

Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!

I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer

Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!

I said: Far out, what a day, a year, a life it is!

You know - well you know you had it comin' to you

Now there's not a lot I can do

 

Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer

So now you put your head in your hands, oh no!

I said: Far out, what a day, a year, a life it is!

You know - well you know you had it comin' to you

Now there's not a lot I can do

 

Well work it out someday

 

If I could see something

You can see anything you want, boy

If I could be someone

You can be anyone, celebrate boy

If I could do something

Well you can do something

If I could do anything

Well can you do something out of this world?

 

Take a dream on a Sunday

Take a life, take a holiday

Take a lie, take a dreamer

Dream dream dream dream dream along

 

Dreamer, you know you are dreamer

Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!

I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer

Well can you put your hands in your head, on no!

Oh no!


VOCABULARY

FAR OUT  adjective = strange and unusual:

·       I've seen the video - it's pretty far out.

FAR OUT  exclamation  = excellent:

·       You got the job? Far out!

HAVE IT/THAT ˈCOMING (TO YOU)  (informal) = be about to experience something unpleasant, especially if you deserve it:

·       He's got a shock coming to him when he takes the exams and sees how difficult they are.

HAD IT COMING (TO YOU) (informal)  =  If someone had it coming, something bad happened to them that was deserved:

·       He's been fired but, with all that time he took off, he had it coming really. (Ha sido despedido pero, con todo ese tiempo que se fue, realmente se lo merecía)

HAVE IT COMING (TO YOU)  (informal) =  to deserve what happens to you, esp. something bad:

·       He got a ticket for speeding, but he had it coming.  (Recibió una multa por exceso de velocidad, pero se lo merecía)

WORK SOMETHING OUT = resolver, calcular

TO HAVE YOUR HEAD IN YOUR HANDS .- It means the state of being in shock, or despair, or bewilderment -desconcierto- (so that one might, literally, put one's head in one's hands). Often happens when someone gets shocking or upsetting news, and does not know how to handle it.

 DREAMER VIDEO


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario