martes, 12 de marzo de 2024


Blue eyes

Blue Eyes

Elton John

Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
Like a deep blue sea
On a blue, blue day

Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
When the morning comes
I'll be far away
And I say

Blue eyes holding back the tears
Holding back the pain
Baby's got blue eyes
And she's alone
Again

Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
Like a clear blue sky
Watching over me

Blue eyes
Ooh, I love blue eyes
When I'm by her side
Where I long to be
I will see

Blue eyes laughing in the sun
Laughing in the rain
Baby's got blue eyes
And I am home
And I am home again

Blue eyes laughing in the sun
Laughing in the rain
Baby's got blue eyes
And I am home
Again

Fuente: LyricFind

Autores de la canción: Elton John / Gary Anthony Osborne

Letra de Blue Eyes © Universal Music Publishing Group


A continuación se presentan unas notas relacionadas con vocabulario de la canción.

HOLD BACK  — phrasal verb with hold verb

UK  /həʊld/ US  /hoʊld/   held | held

to not do something, often because of fear or because you do not want to make a bad situation worse:

to not speak or state an opinion:

 

Información obtenida de la página: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/es/diccionario/ingles/hold-back


We use I'm home when we have recently arrived at home and are notifying the people we live with. 

We use at home when somebody asks us where we are on the telephone.

 

Honey, I'm home!

Is a very popular expression which means "I'm back"! In this case, you say I'm home to express that you just arrived.


Where are you right now?        -I'm at home, what about you?

Is used to describe where you are in a static way. It doesn't serve any other purpose than to locate you.

 

at my home, house, place, is your address where you live, and all the strutures inside and out that belong to you, and the property that is included. It is a location of a building and outside lawns, yards, ect.
in my home could distinguish the partly will take place inside the one building you call your house, there will be no barbecue outside, no games outside, everything inside, indoors, not outdoors.
"Since they predict rain next Saturday, the party will now take place in my home, sorry we can't cook outdoors as I had planned."


Elton John - Blue Eyes/...Blues Medley - Wembley 1984 (HQ Audio)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1q9DBdAvAw

 

La siguiente con la letra. Versión.

Elton John's "Blue Eyes" - Engelbert Humperdinck (2007)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqzV1M4YEkM



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario