miércoles, 3 de mayo de 2023

 

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band launched their European summer stadium tour this weekend with two house-rocking nights at Barcelona’s Estadi Olímpic on Friday, April 28 and Sunday, April 30. Over 117,000 fans were on hand to witness a pair of three-hour performances, which included staples like “Dancing In The Dark” “Badlands” and “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out” alongside tour debuts each night, high-energy covers and an opening night performance of “Glory Days” featuring Patti Scialfa with special guests Kate Capshaw and former First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama.

Información obtenida de la página:

https://brucespringsteen.net/news/2023/bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-kick-off-31-date-european-tour-with-a-pair-of-three-hour-barcelona-shows-to-over-117000-fans/


Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949) is an American singer and songwriter. He has released 21 studio albums during a career spanning six decades, most of which feature his backing band, the E Street Band. He is an originator of heartland rock, a genre combining mainstream rock music with poetic and socially conscious lyrics that tell a narrative about working-class American life. Nicknamed "The Boss",[1] he is known for his lyrics and energetic concerts, with performances that can last more than four hours.

LYRICS

Dancing in the Dark  

I get up in the evenin'
And I ain't got nothin' to say
I come home in the mornin'
I go to bed feelin' the same way
I ain't nothin' but tired
Man, I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there, baby, I could use just a little help

You can't start a fire
You can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancin' in the dark

Messages keeps gettin' clearer
Radio's on and I'm movin' 'round my place
I check my look in the mirror
Wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face
Man, I ain't gettin' nowhere
I'm just livin' in a dump like this
There's somethin' happenin' somewhere
Baby, I just know that there is

You can't start a fire
You can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancin' in the dark

You sit around gettin' older
There's a joke here somewhere and it's on me
I'll shake this world off my shoulders
Come on, baby, the laugh's on me

Stay on the streets of this town
And they'll be carvin' you up alright
They say you gotta stay hungry
Hey baby, I'm just about starvin' tonight
I'm dyin' for some action
I'm sick of sittin' 'round here tryin' to write this book
I need a love reaction
Come on now, baby, gimme just one look

You can't start a fire
Sittin' 'round cryin' over a broken heart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancin' in the dark
You can't start a fire
Worryin' about your little world fallin' apart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancin' in the dark
Even if we're just dancin' in the dark
Even if we're just dancin' in the dark
Even if we're just dancin' in the dark
Hey baby

Fuente: LyricFind

Autores de la canción: Bruce Springsteen

VOCABULARY

Spark  /spɑːk/   (fiery particle)   chispa nf

·         The blaze was started by a spark from the fire.   El incendio comenzó con una chispa del fuego.

dump /ˈdʌmp/

dump n (rubbish tip)       vertedero /  basurero nm

·         Wendy took some garden rubbish to the dump.   Wendy llevó la basura del jardín al vertedero.

dump n figurative, informal (unpleasant, dirty place)        cuchitril nm  /  antro nm

·         Jason's house is a dump; I don't know how he can live there!  La casa de Jason es un cuchitril, no sé cómo hace para vivir ahí.

carve /ˈkɑːrv/

carve [sth] vtr        (material: sculpt)      esculpir vtr   tallar vtr

·         The sculptor uses a chisel to carve the marble.  El escultor usa un cincel para esculpir el mármol.

carve [sth] vtr            (shape: sculpt)         esculpir vtr    tallar vtr

·         With a knife, the man carved flowers and leaves into the wood.  Con un cuchillo, el hombre esculpió flores y hojas en la madera.

starving /ˈstɑːrvɪŋ/

starving adj   figurative, informal (very hungry)            muerto de hambre loc adj  famélico/a adj

·         What time will dinner be ready? I'm starving!  ¿A qué hora sirven la cena? ¡Estoy muerto de hambre!

starving adj   (having no food)      famélico/a adj  (literal)        hambriento/a adj

·         Televised images of starving children led to a flood of donations.  Las imágenes de niños famélicos en la tele hicieron que mucha gente donase dinero.

gimme /ˈgɪmɪ/

gimme interj  slang (give me) (tú) dame interj  (usted)deme  (ustedes)denme  (vosotros)dadme

·         Hey, gimme a slice of that cake.  Oye, dame un pedazo de aquel pastel.

Para los seguidores de Bruce, abajo tenéis una entrevista y la transcripción de la misma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fkqxgFv6ZY

Bruce Springsteen on his landmark album "Nebraska"

Para facilitar el seguimiento del video, a continuación tienes la transcripción de la entrevista




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario