lunes, 4 de diciembre de 2023

YESTERDAY. THE BEATLES

 

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/the-beatles/yesterday

"Yesterday" is the most covered pop song of all time, with over 3,000 versions recorded according to The Guinness Book Of World Records.

Paul McCartney wrote this song and was the only Beatle to play on it. It was the first time a Beatle recorded without the others, and marked a shift to more independent accomplishments among the group. While John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote The Beatles early songs together, by 1965 most of their songs were primarily written by one or the other, although they continued to credit all their songs Lennon/McCartney.


https://www.smoothradio.com/features/the-story-of/beatles-yesterday-lyrics-meaning-facts/

McCartney is said to have composed the entire melody in a dream while staying at the Wimpole Street home of his then girlfriend Jane Asher.
When he woke up, he quickly ran to a piano and played the tune to make sure he didn't forget it.

It was originally called 'Scrambled Eggs'
Lennon later said: "Paul wrote nearly all of it, but we just couldn't find the right title. We called it 'Scrambled Eggs' and it became a joke between us. We made up our minds that only a one-word title would suit, we just couldn't find the right one.


When was the song written?
McCartney claimed he had written 'Yesterday' during the Beatles' tour of France in 1964, but it was not released until the summer of 1965. McCartney was 22 when he wrote the song. 


Who has covered it?
It is known as the most covered song in history, with over 3,000 versions out there to date.
Just some covers include: Boyz II Men, Ray Charles, En Vogue, Marianne Faithfull, Marvin Gaye, Tom Jones, Nana Mouskouri, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, The Supremes, The Toys, Andy Williams, and Tammy Wynette.

You can learn English with songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqbftpO1I1g


Lyrics

Yesterday
All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly

Why she had to go? I don't know
She wouldn't say
I said something wrong, now I long
For yesterday

Yesterday
Love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Why she had to go? I don't know
She wouldn't say
I said something wrong, now I long
For yesterday

Yesterday
Love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday






 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario