miércoles, 8 de febrero de 2023

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. DOLLY PARTON / WHITNEY HOUSTON


"I Will Always Love You" is a song written and originally recorded in 1973 by American singer-songwriter Dolly Parton. Written as a farewell to her business partner and mentor Porter Wagoner, expressing Parton's decision to pursue a solo career, the country single was released in 1974.

VOCABULARY

farewell  /ˌfɛərˈwɛl/

farewell n           (parting wishes)              = despedida

He made his farewells and left. = Dijo unas palabras de despedida y se fue.

farewell n           (departure)       = partida

He went so suddenly that I missed his farewell. = Se fue tan repentinamente que no pude estar presente en su partida.

farewell interj   dated, literary (goodbye)            = adiós

I must go now. Farewell.= Ya me tengo que ir. Adiós.

 

pursue  /pərˈsjuː/

pursue [sb] vtr             (follow: physically)         = perseguir a , seguir a

The police officer pursues the thief along the street. = El policía persiguió al ladrón por la calle.

pursue [sth] vtr           (try to attain) (estudios)              = hacer, seguir, proseguir

Melanie is pursuing a career in medicine.= Melanie hace la carrera de medicina.

pursue [sth] vtr               (follow: information)     = seguir

The police are pursuing a number of leads in their hunt for the suspect.= La policía sigue varias pistas para cazar al sospechoso.

pursue [sth] vtr               (apply yourself to [sth])               = dedicarse a

James is pursuing his studies in comparative literature.= James se dedica a sus estudios de literatura comparada.


We will always love Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." Written by Dolly Parton and originally released as a chart-topping country hit by the legendary musician in 1974, the iconic ballad reached new heights once Houston recorded it for the soundtrack to the 1992 film The Bodyguard.


LYRICS


I Will Always Love You   Whitney Houston

 

If I should stay
I would only be in your way
So I'll go, but I know
I'll think of you every step of the way

And I will always love you
I will always love you
You, my darling, you

Bittersweet memories
That is all I'm taking with me
So goodbye, please, don't cry
We both know I'm not what you, you need

And I will always love you
I will always love you, oh

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you'll have all you've dreamed of
And I wish you joy and happiness
But above all this, I wish you love

And I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you
I, I will always love you, you

Darling, I love you
I'll always, I'll always love you

T


COVERS


The Bodyguard - I Will Always Love You // Danish National Symphony Orchestra (live)






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario