jueves, 10 de marzo de 2022

GOODBYE STRANGER - SUPERTRAMP - 1979

 Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger (Official Music Video)

Si no tienes acceso con el enlace anterior .....


LYRICS

It was an early morning yesterday
I was up before the dawn
And I really have enjoyed my stay
But I must be moving on

Like a king without a castle
Like a queen without a throne
I'm an early morning lover
And I must be moving on

Now I believe in what you say
Is the undisputed truth
But I have to have things my own way
To keep me in my youth

Like a ship without an anchor
Like a slave without a chain
Just the thought of those sweet ladies
Sends a shiver through my veins

And I will go on shining
Shining like brand new
I'll never look behind me
My troubles will be few

 

Goodbye stranger it's been nice
Hope you find your paradise
Tried to see your point of view
Hope your dreams will all come true

Goodbye Mary, goodbye Jane
Will we ever meet again
Feel no sorrow, feel no shame
Come tomorrow, feel no pain

Sweet devotion (Goodby Mary)
It's not for me (Goodbye Jane)
Just give me motion (Will we ever)
To set me free (Meet again)
In the land and the ocean (Feel no sorrow)
Far away (Feel no shame)
It's the life I've chosen (Come tomorrow)
Every day (Feel no pain)
So goodbye Mary (Goodbye, Mary)
So goodbye Jane (Goodbye, Jane)
Will we ever (Will we ever)
Meet again (Meet again)

 

 

Now some they do and some they don't
And some you just can't tell
And some they will and some they won't
With some it's just as well

You can laugh at my behaviour
And that'll never bother me
Say the devil is my saviour
But I don't pay no heed

And I will go on shining
Shining like brand new
I'll never look behind me
My troubles will be few

 

Goodbye, stranger, it's been nice
Hope you find your paradise
Tried to see your point of view
Hope your dreams will all come true

Goodbye Mary, goodbye Jane
Will we ever meet again
Feel no sorrow, feel no shame
Come tomorrow, feel no pain

Sweet devotion (Goodbye, Mary)
It's not for me (Goodbye, Jane)
Just give me motion (Will we ever)
To set me free (Meet again)
In the land and the ocean (Feel no sorrow)
Far away (Feel no shame)
It's the life I've chosen (Come tomorrow)
Every day (Feel no pain)

So now I'm leaving (Goodbye, Mary)
Got to go (Goodbye, Jane)
Hit the road (Will we ever)
I'll say it once again (Meet again)
Oh, yes, I'm leaving (Feel so sorrow)
Got to go (Feel no shame)
Got to go (Come tomorrow)
I'm sorry, I must dash (Feel no pain)

So goodbye Mary (Goodbye, Mary)
So goodbye Jane (Goodbye, Jane)
Will we ever (Will we ever)
Meet again?
(Meetagain)

Go and believeit
I'vegottogo

GoodbyeStranger (2010 Remastered)

VOCABULARY

shive/ˈʃɪvər/r vi     (body: shake)           tiritar vi

·         Josh pulled his coat tightly around him and shivered. Josh se pusoelabrigo por encima y tiritó.

shiver n        (body: shake)           escalofrío nmtemblor nm

·         Agnes was terrified and a shiver ran through her body. Agnes estabahorrorizada y un escalofrío le recorrióelcuerpo.

brand new /ˌbrændˈnjuː/   informal (not yet used)       nuevo/a, sin estrenar,

·         Car dealers have a spray that gives used cars that brand-new car smell.

·         I've just bought a pair of roller skates; they're brand new!

sorrow n/ˈsɒrəʊ/     (extreme sadness)  penanf tristeza nfmelancolíanf

shame n/ˈʃeɪm/        remordimiento, pena, lástima, disgust, verguenza, humillación

pain n/ˈpeɪn/(sensation: discomfort)      dolor nm, sufrimiento, entristecer

·         He had a pain in his leg after the game.

·         We had to go through a lot of pain to get to where we are in life.

motion n/ˈməʊʃən/  (movement)  movimiento nm

motion vi    (gesture)        gesticularvihacer un gesto loc verb

·         Adam didn't say anything, he just motioned.

motion to [sb/sth], // motion towards [sb/sth], // motion at [sb/sth](gesture)hacerseñashacia / a

·         Ben motioned to the door.  Ben hizoseñashacia la puerta.

motion [sb] to do [sth] v expr(encourage by gesture)   indicarleaalguien que haga algo

·         With a nod of his head, the boss motioned Frances to continue with her explanation.

Con un gesto de la cabeza, el jefe le indicó a Frances que continuara con suexplicación.

set free v expr          (liberate from captivity)       liberarvtrponerenlibertad loc verb

·         Can you remember what year Nelson Mandela was set free?

set free v expr          (emancipate)            emanciparvtr

The truth shall set you free. expr Biblical (knowledge is power) (veritas vosliberabit)     la verdadosharálibres expr

as well adv   (also)  tambiénadv ,además adv

·         William invited not only Sue to the party, but her sister as well.

just as well expr      informal (fortunate) menos mal que expr,  mejor que expr

·         It's just as well I retired before they changed all the duties of my job.

            Menos mal que me jubilé antes de que cambiarantodas las tareas de mi puesto

bother [sb]vtr/ˈbɒðər/     (annoy)          molestar, fastidiar vi

·         My little brother bothers me all the time

savior (US),saviour (UK) n/ˈseɪvjə/         (religious savior)      salvador, salvadora nm, nf

 Christians look upon Jesus Christ as a savior.

pay heed/ˈhiːd/ v expr        (take notice, listen)  prestaratención loc verb

·         Pay heed all of you, otherwise you will get into trouble.  Prestadatencióntodos o tendréisproblemas

dash vi/ˈdæʃ/        (run)   correr vi

·         The children dashed across the playground.  Los niñoscorrían por el patio.


En el siguiente tienes la traducción.


Y el enlace ...

Supertramp - GoodbyeStranger - HQ - 1979 - TRADUCIDA ESPAÑOL (Lyrics)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario